Friday, December 28, 2007

Having A Bald Hair Day Health Fitness

What I found after a visit to trichologist Glenn Lyons at the Philip Kingsley Clinic, is that like many women, I was also a victim of androgenetic alopecia, Health Fitness an inherited condition which causes gradual thinning of the hair over many years. It’s not quite as horrendous as it sounds.

I’ve worn it only twice as it made me feel self-conscious; on seeing me in it, a girlfriend whom I hadn’t let in on my secret squealed: “Your hair’s amazing! You look like an ad for Toni%26amp;Guy!” I take comfort from another friend who bought a wig during chemotherapy. Her hair has grown back even better than it was before, Health Fitness and she only needs to wheel out her impressively natural-looking wig when she can’t be bothered to spend ages styling her hair.

We spend billions in pursuit of swingy, silky, lustrous hair because we understand just how potent a weapon it is in our sexual armoury. On a rare good-hair day,Health Fitness I feel more feminine, confident and attractive. If hair loss is scary for men, it’s doubly so for women. How many men would ask a bald woman for a date? Would any woman turn down an interesting guy purely on the basis that he didn’t have much hair?

No comments: