Friday, December 28, 2007

Trust Me A Junior Doctor Man Health

Then my mind wandered back to those days spent hunched over medical textbooks and I remembered how my main motivation for studying was so I could work in a uniquely British institution of which I was, and remain Man Health, immensely proud. There is nothing quite like the NHS in the world and it embodies some basic British values; they are distilled into its very existence and the fabric of its being.

So, if you want to learn about Britishness, look no further than our health service.Man Health It’s cranky and impractical and archaic. But it’s also a piece of remarkable organisation and originality. It’s underpinned by a belief in fairness; a belief that all individuals are of equal importance. No one can queue quite like the British, and isn’t this perfectly demonstrated by the waiting lists

No comments: